Saturday, November 19, 1-4pm at RiVAL: The ReImagining Value Action Lab, Lakehead University PACI campus (law school building), room 2002. Registration required.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/851301359555207
RiVAL: The ReImagining Value Action Lab welcomes interested members of the public in Thunder Bay to a free in-person workshop on making posters, zines, booklets and other publications for social justice, decolonization and the radical imagination.
In this 3h workshop, lab director Dr. Max Haiven will go over some practical tips on developing publications and demonstrate how to use RiVAL’s printing equipment, including the Risograph printer (like a photocopier, but cooler), papercutters, book binder and more.
“Graduates” of the workshop are empowered to use RiVAL’s equipment on an ongoing basis, (subject to the availability of staff to supervise their use).
This workshop is free and open to the general public.
Please register by emailing info.rival [at] lakeheadu.ca
- 1:00pm – Presentation and discussion: the revolutionary role of print in social justice struggles
- 1:30pm – Workshop: developing activist print projects
- 2:15pm – Break
- 2:30pm – Workshop: learning to use RiVAL’s equipment
- 4:00pm – End (participants are welcome to stay later to work on projects)
If you wish to attend, please be aware:
- RiVAL expects all participants to help create a warm, inviting and anti-oppressive atmosphere
- Light vegetarian refreshments will be served
- RiVAL is unfortunately not fully accessible: there are about 10 steps that separate the lab from an elevator-accessible floor
- Please do not attend if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or the flu
- Due to current health and university policies we cannot enforce the wearing of masks
- Please do not wear scented products
RiVAL: The ReImagining Value Action Lab is a workshop for the radical imagination, social justice and decolonization with a physical location in Thunder Bay, Canada and activities around the world.
Max Haiven is a writer and teacher and Canada Research Chair in the Radical Imagination. He teaches at Lakehead University, where he co-directs the ReImagining Value Action Lab (RiVAL).